Regenerate Health & Fitness 10km programs are catered for athletes aiming for a sub 60min, sub 50min and sub 40min times. The programs span 8 weeks and can be started anytime (ie: 8 weeks before your target 10km race) For example if your target 10km race is on 25th July, then you will start the program 8 weeks prior on 1st June. There is an additional 9th week which is a recovery week post the race. The average weekly training time required is 5h30min per week and the average km’s per week range from 30km up to 55km, depending on what target race time you select.
The first week of the training has three different test sessions. Full instructions are provided on the program for these. The training sessions for the remainder of the program are devised around your results from the test sessions. This ensures that you train within your ability and provides the level of individualisation to ensure you obtain maximum benefit, given your current level of fitness and ability. The training program follows a polarised model which incorporates Low Intensity and High Intensity workouts that are appropriately structured, including a building phase, tapering phase and recovery phase.
The training programs are provided via the TrainingPeaks® platform. The benefits of this are:
- There are no further charges required to access TrainingPeaks® (unless you opt for Premium option – there is not need for this though).
- Your watch (for compatible devices) can be linked with TrainingPeaks®, this enables all your training sessions to be downloaded to your watch. All you need to do is simply start the session on your watch and your watch will guide you through the specific session for that day, advising when to warm-up, cool-down, when to run, when to rest, etc and lapping automatically when each section of the training session has been completed. This allows you to purely focus on your training as opposed to worrying about when to lap, how far you have run and so forth.
- Additional benefits are you are able to see the sessions in advance and the time required to complete each session which will assist greatly in planning your training with your daily commitments.
- Sessions are colour coded according to completion – green for completed, orange for partly completed and red for not completed. This useful to see how sticking to a structured program can improve your performance
- Daily emails are provided each morning informing you of the required session for the day
- There is a communication facility within each session, whereby you can rate how you felt during the session and provide any comments as well.
In order to access the program the following steps are required:
- Click on the link which will take you to Quicket portal to make the required payment of R228.
- Follow the instructions on the Quicket payment portal
- Once payment confirmation has been received, Regenerate Health and Fitness will contact you and provide you with a link to TrainingPeaks® to set up your profile under Regenerate Health and Fitness Coaching
- Regenerate Health and Fitness will contact you to obtain date of target race in order to correctly load your training program on the appropriate week (ie: 8 weeks before target race day)
Further details and guidelines are provided under each training program and session.